Business Intelligence Certification
In today’s business world, it’s more important than ever to have a good understanding of business intelligence (BI).
Business intelligence certification improves your ability to understand and use data to make informed decisions.
In order to become a business intelligence expert, you’ll need to have some experience in data analysis and knowledge of specific tools and software.
To get started, check out our comprehensive guide on the best ways to learn BI through business intelligence certification.
1. Professional Certificate in SQL, ETL and BI Fundamentals (IBM)
In the time it takes to learn a new language or master new technology, there is always room for improvement. Today’s businesses need professionals with strong problem-solving skills and the ability to cut through complex business data quickly. A Professional Certificate in SQL, ETL, and Business Intelligence will give you some insight into what you need to know if you want to continuously succeed in this field.
Instructions from IBM, a technology leader and founders of SQL.
Combines Business Intelligence (BI) and ETL (extract, transform, load) if you’re looking to enter this field.
Coursework is a little bit skewed towards the usage of IBM products and services such as Cognos.
- Introduction to SQL: This course will walk you through the basics of SQL and help you understand how it can be applied to your own data engineering and analysis.
- Data Warehousing and BI Analytics: Train yourself in the skills necessary to build a data warehouse and conduct analysis using Business Intelligence (BI) tools and SQL.
The Professional Certificate in SQL, ETL and BI Fundamentals by IBM provides an introduction to the principles of data warehousing and builds on those foundations to provide students with advanced knowledge of tools required for BI implementation. The program also covers ETL implementation and experience with IBM Cognos.
|Duration||4 months (2 to 4 hours per week)|
|Certification||Professional Certificate in SQL, ETL and BI Fundamentals|
|Coursework||4 skill-building courses|
|Skills Acquired||SQL, IBM Cognos, Bash, Apache Airflow and Kafka|
2. Business Analytics Nanodegree Program (Udacity)
The world of business is changing at a rapid pace. Part of this is due to the fact that we have access to pretty much any piece of information we need at our fingertips. With the abundance of data, it’s important to know where you can find it and how to analyze it. The Business Analytics Nanodegree program is one such program that will give you the capabilities to make the most informed decisions possible.
With this program, you will learn how to use Excel for data analytics, SQL for data querying, and Tableau for data visualization.
No prior programming experience is required with a focus on statistics and data visualization for business intelligence.
Offers career services and resume support with training by experts in business analytics.
If you’re looking for in-class learning, then Udacity is 100% online learning and might not be ideal.
Although this course is light on the programming aspect, it’s an ideal choice for anyone who is solely interested in business analytics.
- Introduction to Data: Create a new industry-specific repertoire of skills by learning the fundamentals of Excel, including using and understanding models for communicating insights, and more.
- SQL for Data Analysis: With SQL training, you have access to a variety of powerful tools to extract and analyze data stored in databases.
- Data Visualization: Learn all the basics of data visualization and learn how to apply them to tell more compelling stories with data.
In this digital age, it’s becoming more and more necessary to be able to provide a company and customers with data-driven insights. Overall, business analytics is one of the most important tools in your toolkit for business success. The Business Analytics Nanodegree program can teach you how to use business analytics to grow any company from a startup to a thriving business.
|Certification||Business Analytics Nanodegree|
|Prerequisites||No programming experience is required|
|Skills Acquired||Excel, Tableau, and SQL|
3. Data Skills for Business (DataCamp)
The Data Skills for Business Track from DataCamp will teach you all you need to know about data science and analytics in order to be successful in your business. From basic statistics to spreadsheets and more advanced topics like Python, machine learning, and AI, this course is ideal for anyone interested in acquiring business intelligence certification in Python.
Covers a wide range of topics related to business intelligence certification and data science skills.
Top notch instructions from experienced professionals and Harvard University professors.
Get hands-on skills using the coding oriented platform from DataCamp.
Poorly structured course material starting with spreadsheets then moving to business machine learning. Then, it switches to business analytics, back to AI again, then finishes with an introduction to data science.
Lacks career support information and projects related to business intelligence.
- Introduction to Statistics in Spreadsheets: Get a better understanding of how to use statistics to make better decisions and get more insights from your data from spreadsheets. You will learn about the different types of statistics and how to use them to create insights.
- Machine Learning for Business: Get up to speed with the latest machine learning trends and how they are being applied in the business world. Learn how to implement machine learning algorithms into your business, and find out how to use them in areas like marketing and advertising.
- Introduction to Data Science in Python: Get started with data science and visualize your data in Python. This course will teach you all you need to understand and analyze your data, using the Python programming language. You don’t need any coding experience or skills to take this course.
- Marketing Analytics for Business: Test your marketing knowledge and use it to understand your customers and drive business growth. Learn how to use marketing analytics to understand customer behavior, identify your target markets, and measure your performance.
DataCamp offers a 7-course Data Skills for Business Track that will help set you apart for business intelligence certification. Whether you’re working with data in your business or just trying to get a better understanding of it, these skills in Python, marketing analytics, and machine learning are all part of this program if you want to succeed.
|Duration||20 hours (7 courses)|
|Certification||Data Skills for Business Track|
|Skills Acquired||Python, Machine Learning, AI, and Market Analytics|
4. Data Analysis in Business (Dataquest)
From business metrics to communicating results, the Data Analysis in Business technical skill from Dataquest offers a variety of business intelligence-oriented courses. In addition, it offers online courses that can be completed in the comfort of your own home. So whether you’re looking for an introduction to data analysis or you’re ready to start analyzing a complex data set, the skill program from Dataquest has the right program for you.
Understand how data science is used for business purposes, what are some of the challenges faced by businesses when using data science, and ways to overcome them.
Even though Dataquest specializes in coding, this program lacks Python and R skills to improve programming skills.
Much more “outside the box” ideas geared toward the business aspect.
- Fuzzy Language in Data Science: Learn how to deal with fuzzy language and data in data science in a clear and concise way.
- Communicating Results: Gain the skills and knowledge you need to communicate your business’s results effectively. Then, learn how to create and deliver effective messages that will help your business thrive.
- Business Metrics: Get a crash course in the business analytics side of things that will help you understand any company and its performance.
- Popular Data Science Questions: Learn how to answer business questions using popular data science methods. Then, explore business questions using real-world data in an applied project for your portfolio.
As businesses grow, they need to collect and analyze large amounts of data. This can be done through various means such as data entry, data analysis, or data visualization. With the help of Data Analysis in Business track, you can learn about business metrics and how to communicate results so you can grow in your career in business intelligence.
|Certification||Data Analysis in Business|
|Skills Acquired||Business Metrics and Data Science|
5. Learn Data Analysis for Your Business (Codecademy)
Get the skills you need to analyze data and make decisions by learning from the best. With Codecademy, you will be able to present findings to your business in a clear and concise way. The focus for the Data Analysis for Your Business Career Path is using SQL, Python 3, and several of its libraries. But this program will also challenge you with hands-on projects throughout your coursework as well.
Get step-by-step guidance learning Python-focused business intelligence skills like in NumPy, Matplotlib, Seaborn, and SciPy.
Showcase your talent with skill-building projects involving everything from A/B testing to data visualization.
Provides interview preparation to improve your chances of success when it matters most.
Although the focus is on open source business intelligence tools, there is no mention of commercial products like Power BI or IBM Cognos Analytics.
- Python and Data Management and Analytics: Get the basics of Python and data management and analytics. Understand pandas, data analysis, and various functions to become a more effective data scientist.
- Data Visualization Portfolio Project: Get the skills you need to create beautiful data visualizations that will help you communicate your findings to your team. In this course, you will learn how to design and design a data visualization for a portfolio project involving GDP and life expectancy.
- Analyze Real Data with SQL: Prepare yourself for data analyst interviews by learning how to use SQL to analyze data. This course will teach you the basics of SQL, how to use it to solve business problems, and how to use it to analyze data.
- Data Analyst Final Portfolio Project: Take your knowledge of data analytics and turn it into a successful portfolio project. This course will teach you everything you need to develop a powerful data analytics project of your choice.
It’s time to become a data analyst. And if you want to do it the right way, Codecademy provides several courses for business intelligence certification. The Data Analysis for Your Business Career Path teaches everything from data analytics, visualizations, to manipulation. Finally, it caps off the program with a DIY-style data analytics project that you can focus on business intelligence.
|Certification||Data Analysis for Your Business Certificate of Completion|
|Skills Acquired||Python 3, SQL, Pandas, NumPy, Matplotlib, Seaborn, and SciPy|
Business Intelligence Certification
It’s no secret that business intelligence (BI) is one of the most important skills a business can have. With the growing popularity of big data and analytics, BI should be at the top of your list of priorities when it comes to improving your organization’s performance.
But if you’re not sure whether you have the skills to become a BI expert, or if you want to get certification in BI, there are several options available to you.
The best way to find out is to get started in one of the many online courses that offer training in BI. These courses vary in length, but they all provide a good foundation for learning how to use BI tools and techniques.
So if you want to learn how to do your own analysis and design, there is no better place than an online business intelligence certification course.
Related Certification and Courses
There’s no better time than now to start your journey to online learning. If you want a career in business intelligence or data science, here are some more options for certification courses.
- PowerBI Certification: A Guide to Business Intelligence
- 10 Data Visualization Certification and Courses
- 10 Best Data Science Courses and Certification
- Data Analyst Certification For Beginners
- Data Management Certification Courses
- SQL Certification Courses – Structured Query Language
- 10 Data Engineer Courses for Online Learning