Data Architect Certification and Courses
If you want to enter the field of data science, data architect certification can help you explore everything from data models, logical and physical database design, and more.
Data architects are like the big thinkers of the data world. It’s like if you’re building a city, data architects decide which roads are paved, the size of lanes, and what speed limits should be to make the traffic flow smoothly.
As you can imagine, some of its biggest challenges are dealing with large volumes of information, which require expertise in multiple areas of technology.
With a professional certification program like the ones you’ll learn today, you’ll gain the education you need to become a qualified data architect in your field.
Data Architect Nanodegree Program (Udacity)
The Data Architect Nanodegree from Udacity offers students the opportunity to learn how to use their data science skills and create new ways of using data architecture that will help transform business objectives into reality.
First, you’ll learn about the concepts of data architecture. Next, it introduces you to designing data systems, governance solutions, and big data solutions. Each course is reinforced with applied projects to help grasp the skills you learn.
If you want to enroll, keep in mind that the Data Architect Nanodegree is geared towards those who are already familiar with Python, SQL, ETL pipelines, and relational databases.
Offers job-specific skills with mentorship opportunities, CV/resume assistance, and career services.
Gain experience through projects designed to give students skills they’ll need in the job market.
Provides students with an online platform with a focus on serving industry-ready skills.
Even though it’s one of the most rigorous programs available for aspiring data architects, it’s also one of the most expensive.
- Data Architecture Foundations: Get a solid foundation in data architecture and learn to apply it in your own projects. Then, you will learn about the principles of data architecture. For instance, this includes everything from data modeling, normalization, and creating a physical database design. Finally, you will build an HR database to put everything you’ve learned to the test.
- Designing Data Systems: Learn to build enterprise data architecture from the ground up. First, you will learn to design enterprise data architectures and cloud-based data warehouses. Then, you will learn the principles and trade-offs of various data systems. Additionally, you’ll explore how to evaluate and select best practices and how to design data warehouses and reports. You’ll also learn how to design dimensional data models, write SQL queries, and use OLAP tools.
- Big Data Systems: Find out how to design Big Data solutions for your organization by learning about the internal architecture of many of the Big Data tools such as HDFS, MapReduce, Hive, and Spark. Next, you will learn about distributed storage, processing capabilities, and scalability for these tools. This course will also teach you how to design, build, and evaluate an enterprise data lake system and Amazon DynamoDB.
- Data Governance: Get a comprehensive overview of the data governance process, from data profiling and data quality dimensions to measuring and monitoring data quality with a Metadata Management System.
The Data Architect Nanodegree from Udacity can be a game-changer for your career if you’re interested in the field. In order to become a data architect, you need to know how to get your hands dirty with processing raw data, as well as how to make significant changes in its design and architecture.
With the Data Architect Nanodegree program, you’ll learn all of that and more in four foundational courses. As a data architect, you will be able to design and develop data models that can be applied across sectors and industries. You’ll gain experience in handling big data, designing data systems, and practicing data governance.
|Duration||4 months (5-10 hours per week)|
|Certification||Data Architect Nanodegree|
|Prerequisites||Intermediate Python, SQL, and basics of ETL/Data Pipelines|
|Skills Acquired||HDFS, MapReduce, Hive, Spark, Amazon DynamoDB, NoSQL Databases, ELT, SQL, PostGreSQL, and Snowflake|
Data Architect Certification and Courses
Organizations of all sizes are looking for people who can design and implement successful data architectures with the right mix of skills, experience, and knowledge.
Data architecture certification is a highly sought-after skill that requires not just a deep understanding of how to store big data, but also the ability to develop innovative solutions to solve data problems.
In this article, we’ve discussed what a data architect does and explored some of the skills you will learn by completing data architect certification. If your company is just about to embark on a big data project, it might be time to consider data architect certification.
Whether you want to be a data architect, or just get on the right track in the data science field, there are a lot of courses and certifications available. Check out some of our other career path options below.
- 10 Data Engineer Courses for Online Learning
- Kafka Certification: Alternatives for Data Streaming Courses
- Data Management Certification Courses
- 10 Data Visualization Certification and Courses
- Data Analyst Certification For Beginners
- 10 Best Data Science Courses and Certification