Full Stack Developer Certification
The full stack developer certification will teach you all of the necessary development skills in depth so you’re able to be a sort of “jack of all trades”, instead of being more specialized.
A full stack developer is someone who is able to build and maintain an application from beginning to end. They can design the whole product, including coding, front-end development, back-end development, and even design.
The world of computing is changing. When you think about it, the landscape of what we know today is drastically different from just a decade ago. Nowadays, software developers are sought-after commodities, and many companies are looking for developers to fill some positions in the tech industry.
A full stack developer certification takes development a bit further than anyone who has one set of skills. So if you’re looking to be a full stack developer and you don’t know where to start, this article is for you.
1. Full Stack Web Developer Nanodegree (Udacity)
The Full Stack Web Developer Nanodegree will teach you how to architect, design, build, and maintain web applications that are accessible through a variety of devices.
It teaches you everything from back-end and front-end programming languages such as Python and SQL. You’ll learn about design basics, coding basics, and development processes by incorporating your skills into applied projects and one final capstone project.
- SQL and Data Modeling for the Web: Learn how to take full advantage of your relational database, and how to use SQL to query it. You will learn how to model data and create relationships, and then use Python to build web-based applications that incorporate that data.
- API Development and Documentation: Utilize the power of APIs to create custom applications and web services. Understand best practices for documenting your APIs, testing them, and using them in production.
- Identity Access Management: The key to building a secure and robust web application is understanding how to use authentication and authorization with Flask. This course will teach you how to design against key security principles. You will also gain experience with role-based control design patterns and other compliance principles.
- Server Deployment and Containerization: This course covers the basics of containerization and deployment in a virtualized server environment. For example, this course also covers the basics of Kubernetes and its application in containerized environments with AWS.
- Full Stack Web Developer Nanodegree Program Capstone: You’ll finally make all those concepts you’ve been working on come to fruition with a capstone project. This project will allow you to learn as you code, building out all of the API endpoints needed in a front end application for either mobile or web.
The Full Stack Web Developer Nanodegree is one of the only online courses that provide a solid foundation of knowledge and practical, real-life experiences to help you succeed. By gaining a full set of foundational skills as a full stack web developer, you can bring it forward to your future career.
|Certification||Full Stack Web Developer Nanodegree|
|Prerequisites||Prior experience with Python, CSS/HTML, and Git|
|Skills Acquired||Python, SQL, Flask, REST APIs, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, Amazon EKS, and Postgresql.|
2. Professional Certificate in Full Stack Cloud Developer (IBM)
The IBM Professional Certificate in Full Stack Cloud Developer is a new certification that offers a comprehensive career path for developers who want to become experts in cloud computing.
The 10-skill building courses cover the technologies involved with cloud development, from developing Cloud Native applications to security and privacy in cloud applications.
Overall, this certificate will provide you with skills for applying your knowledge of cloud computing on your own projects or as part of an enterprise team.
- Developing Cloud Native Applications: You will learn about the tools and practices used to develop applications on Cloud, with hands-on exercises. You’ll learn the concepts and principles of DevOps, REST APIs, and JSON to design, build, and deploy Cloud Native applications.
- Introduction to Containers, Kubernetes, and OpenShift: Learn the key concepts behind containers and container-related technologies, such as Docker and Kubernetes. This course will show you the principles of how to build, test, and deploy applications with these technologies in a cloud-based environment.
- Python Basics for Data Science: Gain a solid understanding of the basics of Python. This course is designed to cover the fundamentals of Python programming and will provide you with practice exercises.
- Python for AI & Development Project: This course is designed to teach you how to write unit tests, how to package your application for distribution, and how to test your application’s functionality.
- Django Application Development with SQL and Databases: Get an introduction on the fundamentals of SQL and Bootstrap. Plus, learn how to develop a full-stack Django web application while working in the cloud.
- Full Stack Application Development Project: You will have the opportunity to learn and practice all of the skills required to develop a full stack application in the cloud. Finally, you will gain a practical understanding of the latest cloud-based technologies and their application to a real-world project.
As technology continues to advance, so does the demand for more qualified IT developers. This is why IBM’s new Professional Certificate in Full Stack Cloud Developer will prepare you to take on the most challenging and rewarding roles in the industry.
Not only will this course provide you with an in-depth understanding of cloud development principles. But it will also teach you how to develop, update and deploy applications on a cloud platform that is ready for production. Finally, you’ll learn how software is structured and developed by using a full stack approach with front-end and back-end technologies.
|Certification||Professional Certificate in Full Stack Cloud Developer|
|Courses||10 skill-building courses|
3. Frontend Development using React Specialization
In the Frontend Development with React Specialization, you will develop a complete understanding of the fundamentals of web development with React.
In this 3-course program, you will build a solid foundation for your professional career. It covers everything from learning front-end web development, hybrid mobile app development, and server-side development.
- Introduction to React: Learn how to start React.js applications with an introductory understanding of React components and JSX.
- React Router and Single Page Applications: You will learn how to implement React Router and build single page applications.
- React Forms, Flow Architecture and Introduction to Redux: In this course, you will be introduced to Flux architecture and Redux. You will also be shown how to create forms in React and Flow.
Whether you are looking to build a new application from scratch or looking to modernize your existing one with React, the Full-Stack Web Development with React Specialization can assist you in guiding you through the process.
Although there are still some kinks that need to get worked out with course material, this specialization still provides an introductory way to learning React.
|Certification||Full-Stack Web Development with React Specialization|
Full Stack Developer Certification
The term “full stack” is used to describe a person who specializes in all aspects of software development, including design and user interface for websites and apps.
Instead of putting your eggs all in one basket, the Full Stack developer certification is more of a “jack of all trades”.
Full stack development includes knowledge about all levels of software engineering: front-end design and development for websites, back-end design, server architecture work including databases and data architecture, as well as web application design.