Power BI Certification and Courses
Power BI certification is a necessity if you want to build your career in data analytics. But certification in Power BI can also keep you up-to-date on the latest developments in this highly competitive field.
Power BI certification helps you get ahead of the game and provides training and guidance that will propel your career forward. This is crucial because the demand for qualified data analytics professionals exceeds the supply.
While Power BI can be used on its own, it also integrates seamlessly with other Microsoft products like Excel or SQL Server. For those interested in Data Science, these Power BI certification courses will provide you with the skills necessary to get started on this career path.
While some of the top Power BI certification courses can be quite extensive, the payoff will be worth it to help build your skills to manage the next generation of business intelligence tools and technologies.
1. Data Analysis and Visualization with Power BI (Udacity)
Udacity lays a solid foundation for Power BI in this nanodegree. This is why it’s one of the top online learning platforms today with real-world projects and mentorship opportunities.
Whether you’re an experienced user looking for a new challenge, or someone looking for a start, the Udacity Data Analysis and Visualization with Power BI Nanodegree program is highly beneficial.
SAVE 25% OFF – Use promo code CAREER25 to save on your favorite Udacity courses. Enroll today.
- Introduction to Preparing and Modeling Data: Learn how to get the most out of your data and how to model it in Power BI. This course covers what Power BI is and how it works. Then, you’ll learn about preparing data for analysis with DAX (Data Analytics Expressions), modeling data with ETL, and finally how to clean up and harmonize data in Power BI.
- Creating Visualizations with Power BI: This course will teach you how to create visuals with Power BI and build compelling data exploration stories that can help understand your data. With Power BI, you can design visuals that help users focus on key insights, navigate different features and report pages and enable accessibility options for diverse audiences.
- Advanced Data Analysis: This course is designed to provide a solid foundation in advanced data analysis that allows students to take their skills beyond the basics in Power BI. First, you’ll explore the realm of statistics with histograms, correlation, and probability. Then, you’ll learn the foundations of forecasting with linear regression and the language of Power BI, M.
The Data Analysis and Visualization with Power BI Nanodegree course will teach you how to use Power BI to analyze data and design beautiful visualizations. First, you’ll get an introduction on how to prepare and model your data with Power BI’s Extract-Transform-Load (ETL) tools. Then, you’ll explore the powerful visualization and advanced data analysis tools in Power BI.
|Duration||3 months (5 hours per week)|
|Certification||Data Analysis and Visualization with Power BI Nanodegree|
|Skills Acquired||Power BI, DAX (Data Analytics Expressions), M Language, Extract-Transform-Load (ETL)|
2. Data Scientist Nanodegree Program (DataCamp)
DataCamp created the Introduction to Power BI course to provide individuals with a step-by-step guide on how to create powerful and interactive dashboards. This course will teach you everything you need to know about Power BI, including what it is, what it can do for your organization, and how to get started. In addition to learning about Power BI, you will also learn about the fundamentals of Power Query and Data Analysis Expressions (DAX).
- Getting Started with Power BI: Learn how to use Power BI to discover new insights and gain a competitive edge in business. Load, manipulate, and grasp the relationship between datasets with interactive charts and Power Query Editor.
- Visualizing Data: Make informed business decisions by visualizing data and creating reports that are insightful and visually appealing. Use filters and interact with the data in your report in a more meaningful way with hands-on exercises.
- Creating Calculations with DAX: Learn how to customize calculations using Data Analysis Expressions (DAX). Then, you’ll gain the skills needed to leverage Power BI’s Quick Measures to create complex expressions like year-over-year change and more.
In the Introduction to Power BI program, you’ll learn how to use Power BI as quickly and easily as possible by going straight to the program’s interface and getting started right away. Through this course, you will learn how to create models, play with visualizations, and extract insights from your data without any coding or previous experience required. Once you’ve completed this course you will have everything you need to get started using the Power Query Editor and Data Analysis Expressions (DAX).
|Certification||Introduction to Power BI|
|Material||55 Exercises and 19 Videos|
|Skills Acquired||Power BI, Power Query Editor, Data Analysis Expressions (DAX)|
3. BI Dashboards with Power BI (Codecademy)
Are you looking for a way to make your data more accessible? Would you like to learn how to use Power BI tools and advance your career? If so, the BI Dashboards with Power BI course from Codecademy is perfect for you. This beginner-friendly course provides a quick and easy introduction to the world of Microsoft Power BI, the most popular tool used in business analytics today. Students will complete an applied project that will teach them how to design dashboards, visualizations, and reports in Power BI.
- BI Dashboards with Power BI: Learn how to build visualizations that are effective, interactive, and engaging with Power BI. This course will teach you how to load data, produce interactive visuals, and get started making your own effective data stories using Power BI. Test your skills with an end-to-end guided project, and you’ll walk away with all the necessary skills to build compelling dashboards for your organization.
The BI Dashboards with Power BI course from Codecademy will teach you how to get started using Power BI hands-on through a project-based course. In this course, you’ll learn how to load data, manipulate it, and create your first dashboard with Power BI. Along your journey, you’ll discover some of the tips and tricks in this course that will help you leverage these business intelligence tools for your organization.
|Course||BI Dashboards with Power BI|
|Skills Acquired||BI Dashboards, Microsoft Power BI|
Power BI Certification and Courses
Power BI is considered to be a leading Business Intelligence tool and industries such as retail, manufacturing, healthcare, and media use it to track performance.
Each course certification for Power BI will give you the necessary skills to make sense of your data and approach the world of analytics.
Not only can these Power BI certification courses help you stay on top of this technology, but they can also help advance your career.
If you’re looking to leverage advanced analytics and dashboards, then enroll in any of these hand-picked Microsoft Power BI certification courses. Otherwise, here are some other options to get started in the world of data science!