50 Map Projections Types: A Visual Reference Guide
If you’re in need of a visual reference guide to the various map projection types… Then, look no further.
Because we’ve pumped out a goldmine of the top 50 global map projections used by cartographers..
From Aitoff to Winkel, these map projections are your blueprint to designing captivating cartographic masterpieces.
Because it’s all about the audience… Let’s map with authority and dig right into the BIG LIST of map projections.
Scroll down to see all 50 map projection examples. What’s your favorite? Which ones have you used in your maps?
- Cylindrical Projection: Mercator, Transverse Mercator and Miller
- Conic Projection: Lambert, Albers and Polyconic
- Azimuthal Projection: Orthographic, Stereographic and Gnomonic
50 Map Projections Types
Now that you have an arsenal of map projections, it’s time to put what you know into action.
Take a fresh approach to your next map because there’s nothing quite like creating a work of art.
So which map projection suits your needs most?
Here are some more helpful references for map projection types:
- What are Map Projections? (And Why They Are Deceiving to the Human Eye)
- Map Distortion with Tissot’s Indicatrix